May: Ehlers Danlos Awareness Month
Ehlers Danlos: Joint Issues
Hyperflexible or hypermobile joints (as most commonly experienced with EDS/HSD) results in instability in many or all of the joints in the body.
Not only does this result in easy subluxation, dislocation or slipping of the joint, but can also lead to additional problems of:
- cervical cranial instability
- Chiari malformation
Pilates can help strengthen the joints to help manage and minimise joint issues.
TANYA is a Hypermobility Rehabilitation Pilates Specialist.
Helping others to learn how to manage their own hypermobility
Scroll to view more awareness posts
Ehlers Danlos Syndromes / Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder
Sign up to our newsletter to be kept up-to-date with our news and offers.
Find out more about what we do at Intensys Life:
also see menus at the top of this page
- Mixed group mat-work classes held in your local community
- Beginners course on-line or in your local community
- LIVE on-line classes (check our schedule)
- Pilates Reformer class (in our studio in Leicestershire or via zoom)
- Rehabilitation for chronic pains/ conditions (in our studio in Leicestershire or via zoom)
- On-Demand membership providing hundreds of videos, fantastic choice, available 24/7.
You can contact Tanya on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07780 626 319
Tanya is the founder of Intensys Life. Some years ago now, Tanya was recommended Pilates to help manage her newly diagnosed hypermobility condition. It turned her life around, taking her from a very poorly place, in constant agonising pain, to now being able to live life to the full… all thanks to Pilates. Amazed by her own progress, it is no wonder that Tanya is committed to helping others by sharing the wonders of Pilates.
Tanya is a Rehabilitative Specialist, helping others manage chronic pains and conditions. She is also is a:
- Pink Ribbon Post Rehab Certified Specialist
helping women and men with the tightness that follows breast cancer surgery
- Hypermobility Specialist
helping others to manage their Ehlers Danlos Syndrome / Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder / Hypermobility condition <<find out more here>>