May: Ehlers Danlos Awareness Month
Ehlers Danlos and fine motor skills
It’s not uncommon for those with EDS/HSD to present with difficulties with fine motor skills and everyday fiddly tasks.
Handwriting, buttons/zippers on clothing, cutlery at the dinner table, pouring drinks, removing lids and many other everyday activities that require precise movements can prove very challenging, with discomfort too.
- Look out for tools that can aid /reduce discomfort… such as pen grips, ring splints
- Execute exercises to strengthen and stretch the small hand/finger muscles (consistency is key, start small, progress slowly)
TANYA is a Hypermobility Rehabilitation Pilates Specialist.
Helping others to learn how to manage their own hypermobility
Scroll to view more awareness posts
Ehlers Danlos Syndromes / Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder
Sign up to our newsletter to be kept up-to-date with our news and offers.
Find out more about what we do at Intensys Life:
also see menus at the top of this page
- Mixed group mat-work classes held in your local community
- Beginners course on-line or in your local community
- LIVE on-line classes (check our schedule)
- Pilates Reformer class (in our studio in Leicestershire or via zoom)
- Rehabilitation for chronic pains/ conditions (in our studio in Leicestershire or via zoom)
- On-Demand membership providing hundreds of videos, fantastic choice, available 24/7.
You can contact Tanya on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07780 626 319
Tanya is the founder of Intensys Life. Some years ago now, Tanya was recommended Pilates to help manage her newly diagnosed hypermobility condition. It turned her life around, taking her from a very poorly place, in constant agonising pain, to now being able to live life to the full… all thanks to Pilates. Amazed by her own progress, it is no wonder that Tanya is committed to helping others by sharing the wonders of Pilates.
Tanya is a Rehabilitative Specialist, helping others manage chronic pains and conditions. She is also is a:
- Pink Ribbon Post Rehab Certified Specialist
helping women and men with the tightness that follows breast cancer surgery
- Hypermobility Specialist
helping others to manage their Ehlers Danlos Syndrome / Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder / Hypermobility condition <<find out more here>>